When using the configurator, it may happen that certain tyre sizes are explicitly matched to certain tyre models.
The indication of specific brands is the result of continuous compatibility tests carried out in König's R&D department with the aim of ensuring an ever more precise fit between the chains and the tyres on the market.
When a new tyre model is tested for chain size assignment, several fitting parameters are evaluated.
Therefore, if the fit of the standard size is deemed unsatisfactory, a size that allows a more precise fit is assigned. In some extreme cases, it is even necessary to design a new chain size.
When a specific tyre size (e.g. 215/50-17) is presented in the Configurator in combination with a specific tyre model (e.g. Kleber Krisalp), this means that their combination generates dimensional particularities that influence the fit of the König snow chain (requires a smaller or larger chain than the standard).
In this case, the Kleber Krisalp model in size 215/50-17 has a greater development than all other 215/50-17s included in the König standard size (size 095), so that a larger chain size (size 100) is required than the standard.
That said, what should be selected in the configurator?
- If your vehicle is equipped with 215/50-17 Kleber Krisalp tyres, select the 215/50-17 Kleber Krisalp size.
- However, if the brand of the 215/50-17 tyres on your car is different from Kleber Krisalp (e.g. Michelin, Continental, Bridgestone, Pirelli and all others), you need to select the 215/50-17 size No Kleber Krisalp in the configurator.
In addition to the example of the 215/50-17 Kleber Krisalp, there are other sizes which, when combined with certain makes and models, may require a different chain size than the standard.
In the König consumer range we have the following special features:
- 195/75-16 Continental Vanco 2 / Kleber Transpro / Michelin Agilis
- 235/65-16 Continental Vanco 2 / Goodyear Cargo Ultra Grip
- 195/60-16 Michelin Alpin V
- 215/60-16 Continental / Michelin
- 185/55-16 Pirelli Winter 190
- 215/50-17 Kleber Krisalp
- 225/55-18 Continental / Michelin
For each tyre size with a brand specification (e.g. 225/55-18 Continental / Michelin), there is a corresponding negative (e.g. No Continental / No Michelin) which indicates all tyres of that size but of a brand and model other than Continental and Michelin (e.g. Pirelli, Kleber, Bridgestone and all others that are not Continental or Michelin).
Chains in the Intuitive, Automatic and Manual categories are more subject to variations in tyre brands and models.
Chains in the External category, on the other hand, have a wider range of adaptation possibilities and are less prone to size changes on particular tyres.
For further information, please contact our Costumer Service